The workshops of scientists and experts were merged and conducted online because of COVID-19.
- Scientific workshops:
- Relations between biodiversity and ecosystem services selection of ecosystem services with high relevance in Ecuador;
- Evaluation of ecosystem services;
- Development of scenarios;
- Mapping and assessment of ecosystem services using digital tools (GISCAME) results should be a draft of the evaluation basis and a first screening of the results to identify critical knowledge gaps that should be subject to discussion with experts and local knowledge holders; target group(s): scientists and students
- Expert workshops:
- Appraisal of the ecosystem services selection and assessment basis filling knowledge gaps;
- Review of the final evaluation basis credibility / reliability, potential uncertainties; target group(s): mainly experts from national institutions dealing with forestry, nature conservation, water management, climate change, etc.
- Local knowledge holder workshops (one per each region): to address aspects of uncertainties in the assessment that was named by the scientists and experts; target group(s): representatives from local (forest) communities